CPDC - Official Portal

Career Placement & Development Centre (CPDC)

Frequently Asked Questions - All FAQs

Please select your question category

Search FAQs
View all frequently asked questions

Admission, Guide & Regulations

UMP is strategically located near the East Coast Highway, chemical, petrochemical, manufacturing, automotive industrial zone as well as biotechnology in the state of Pahang. It is situated in the district of Gambang, 30km from Kuantan, the capital city of Pahang, an estimated of 350km away from KLIA, and consequently 10km from the Sultan Ahmad Shah Airport, Kuantan.

UMP provides adequate facilities which are relevant as one of the public high institution in Malaysia. The basic facilities include students residential complex, library, health centre, student activity centre, lecture halls and rooms, laboratories factory-like concept, cafeteria, and sports and recreational equipment. Visit our website to get more information about the facilities.

In general, most student affairs are managed by the Department of Student Affairs and Alumni. Student's enrolment on the other hand, is administered specifically by the Academic Management Division, Registrar Department, including in preparing Student Cards, matters related to registration, dismissal, withdrawal, deferred or extension of studies as well as change of courses.

Any dealings related to visa / passport applicants are managed by the student

Depends on the reason with faculty’s approval

Yes, provide:

1.Official exam result

2.Faculty’s approval

Student can get insurance coverage letter (printed) from e-comm after submit SLI. If the company request earlier, then student can get the insurance coverage letter from JHEPA.

Contact CPDC then contact JHEPA for claim (if any)

No. It is compulsory to pass all subject prior internship for non-engineering student

You can make contact to JHEPA to obtain indemnity letter.

You must make contact to CPDC and JHEPA representatives accordingly for claims etc.

The durations of internship are as follows:

  1. Diploma students (approx. 24 weeks period of industrial training, from August to January)
  2. Degree engineering students (approx. 10 weeks period of industrial training, from June to August)
  3. Degree non engineering students (approx. 24 weeks period of industrial training, from September to February)
  4. Dual degree students (approx. 24 weeks period of industrial training, from July to January)

The student is required to complete their internship within the LI period. However, if the student required for extension it is subject to faculty decision.

Student is advice to consult with the faculty coordinator to choose the related  company. Any approval of placement are subject to the faculty coordinator.

  1. SAL (Student Application Letter) from e-comm.
  2. Confirmation Letter.
  3. Template of (download from portal CPDC):
  1. Completion Letter.
  2. Reply Form.
  3. Cancellation Letter